Learn how to apply nutritional principles to promote optimal patient care! The Dental Hygienist's Guide to Nutritional Care, 5th Edition explains how teaching proper nutrition can improve your clients’ oral and systemic health. Case studies and clear, full-color photos and illustrations provide a basis for assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of patients. In addition, a solid foundation in nutrition prepares you for the subject’s increased emphasis on the NBDHE examination. Written by an interdisciplinary author team with expertise in nutrition and dental hygiene, this book was the first nutritional guide designed specifically for dental hygienists!
- UNIQUE! Biochemistry chapter covers the essential concepts tested on the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE).
- UNIQUE! Coverage of vitamins and minerals is based on the oral effects of micronutrients.
- Clinically relevant applications to dental hygiene include a focus on patient education and dental hygiene considerations in each chapter.
- Case studies and Health Applications demonstrate how nutrition concepts can be applied to specific patient situations.
- Learning features include pretests and key terms highlighted in each chapter, with definitions in the glossary.
- Practice quizzes online allow you to test your comprehension, and include feedback and remediation for incorrect answers.
- NEW! Updated content addresses interdisciplinary practice and the FDA’s Food Safety Modernization Act, with expanded coverage of older adults, vitamin D, and nutrigenomics.
- NEW! Coverage of the latest federal nutrition standards includes the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, the Nutrition Facts label, and more.
- NEW! UPDATED full-color illustrations include additional clinical photos as well as food-source photos in the micronutrient chapters.