Available as a money-saving package, Elsevier’s Dental Hygiene Procedures Videos with Darby and Walsh’s textbook, Dental Hygiene: Theory and Practice, 4th Edition.
Featuring video demonstrations of key dental hygiene skills, Elsevier’s Dental Hygiene Procedures Videos provide step-by-step instructions for many basic and advanced dental hygiene procedures. Narrated video along with closed-captioning makes it easy to follow along and learn to perform procedures before you work with actual patients. Video procedures range from patient assessment to periodontal instrumentation, preventive techniques, patient education, laboratory dental materials, care of periodontal and special needs patients, and administration of local anesthesia. Dental Hygiene Procedures Videos are an ideal supplement to lectures and laboratory demonstrations and a perfect study and preparation tool at home or on the go!
Elsevier’s Dental Hygiene Procedures Videos feature:
- A total of 54 procedures are demonstrated step by step, with more than four hours of video showing skills that span the entire dental hygiene curriculum.
- Core dental hygiene skills include assessment, instrumentation, prevention, patient education, and dental materials, plus additional procedures involving special patient types.
- Local anesthetic injection videos provide detailed guidelines on this advanced and complex area of dental hygiene, useful for states in which administration by dental hygienists is permitted.
- Streamlined video instruction bridges the gap between lectures and laboratory demonstrations, boosting your comprehension and better preparing you to care for patients.
- A blend of video, audio narration, closed-captioning, and printable scripts is ideal for a variety of learning styles and needs.
Written by Michele Leonardi Darby, Margaret M. Walsh, and a veritable Who’s Who of expert contributors, Dental Hygiene: Theory and Practice 4th edition follows the Human Needs Conceptual Model with a focus on client-centered care that takes the entire person into consideration.
- UNIQUE! Human Needs Conceptual Model framework follows Maslow’s human needs theory, helping hygienists treat the whole patient not just specific diseases and features:
- Comprehensive coverage addresses the need-to-know issues in dental hygiene from the rationale behind the need for dental hygiene care through assessment, diagnosis, care planning, implementation, pain and anxiety control, the care of individuals with special needs, and practice management.
- Step-by-step procedure boxes list the equipment required and the steps involved in performing key procedures. Rationales for the steps are provided in printable PDFs online.
- Critical Thinking exercises and Scenario boxes encourage application and problem solving, and help prepare students for the case-based portion of the NBDHE.
- Client Education boxes list teaching points that the dental hygienist may use to educate clients on at-home daily oral health care.
- High-quality and robust art program includes full-color illustrations and clinical photographs as well as radiographs to show anatomy, complex clinical procedures, and modern equipment.
- Legal, Ethical, and Safety Issues boxes address issues related to risk prevention and management.
- Expert authors Michele Darby and Margaret Walsh lead a team of international contributors consisting of leading dental hygiene instructors, researchers, and practitioners.
- NEW chapters on evidence-based practice, the development of a professional portfolio, and palliative care provide research-based findings and practical application of topics of interest in modern dental hygiene care.
- NEW content addresses the latest research and best practices in attaining clinical competency, including nutrition and community health guidelines, nonsurgical periodontal therapy, digital imaging, local anesthesia administration, pharmacology, infection control, and the use of the electronic health record (EHR) within dental hygiene practice.
- NEW photographs and illustrations show new guidelines and equipment, as well as emerging issues and trends.