Obtain the latest guidelines on safe and effective sedation for infants, children, and adolescents. Invasive and noninvasive procedures are a common and necessary component in the management of infants, children, and adolescents with acute and chronic diseases. As technology continues to expand, there are an increasing number of techniques that require sedation outside of the operating room.
Authored by experts in a variety of specialties, Procedural Sedation for Infants, Children, and Adolescents is a comprehensive guide for the initial design and implementation of a procedural sedation program and a tool to educate pediatric health care professionals on medications used for sedation, associated adverse events, and treatment of these adverse events.
- Pre-sedation evaluation
- Documentation and parental instructions
- Monitoring for procedural sedation
- Specific clinical scenarios
- Non-pharmacologic interventions
- Topical and local anesthetic agents
- Quality improvement and assurance
- and more!