The leading prosthodontics resource for more than 40 years, McCracken's Removable Partial Prosthodontics provides the information you need to successfully manage the replacement of missing teeth. It covers the basic principles of treatment planning and design, and discusses the newest techniques, procedures, and equipment. Well-known educators Alan B. Carr, DMD, MS, and David T. Brown, DDS, MS use an evidence-based approach that helps you diagnose, design, develop, and sequence a treatment plan. A new chapter in this edition explains how to select and use implants to improve prosthesis performance. From initial contact with the patient to post-treatment care, from basic concepts to advanced material, this full-color text provides a complete foundation in prosthodontic care.
- Colored boxes highlight the more advanced topics, so it's easy to focus on content that's appropriate for your level of experience.
- Evidence-based approach uses current research to help you diagnose, design, develop, and sequence a treatment plan.
- Various philosophies and techniques are presented, so you can select and incorporate applicable techniques on a case-by-case basis.
- Chapters are presented in three logically-sequenced sections to keep specific focus areas together:
- General Concepts/Treatment Planning
- Clinical and Laboratory
- Additional information on the use of implants includes:
- New Considerations for the Use of Dental Implants with Removable Partial Dentures chapter, on improving prosthesis performance through increasing functional stability
- New section on impact of implants on movements of partial denture
- New section on implants as a rest
- New section on implants as direct retainers
- New section on implant considerations in design
- New full-color drawings and photographs show techniques, materials, and anatomical detail more accurately.